Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset
Last week we discussed 5 growth-minded practices that actually work. This week we are going to be delving into the differences between growth mindset and fixed mindset in 5 areas of your career. To get more information on how our event production in Los Angeles can help you, contact our team today.
1. Skills- For those with a fixed mindset, their skills also become fixed. They also tend to take the "Why bother?" approach about learning something new or developing their craft. On the other hand, professionals with a growth mindset are always looking to learn more about their craft and nurture their talents.
2. Challenges- A fixed mindset approaches challenges and something to avoid at all costs. It can be extremely overwhelming to them and make them insecure about their skill level. However, the growth mindset views challenges as an opportunity to persevere and adapt.
3. Effort- The fixed mindset is tied to negative thoughts surrounding effort, like it being a direct reflection of them not being good enough. Those who embrace the growth mindset view effort as an absolute necessity and opportunity to push themselves.
4. Feedback- Defensiveness is the result of feedback to someone with a fixed mindset. However, feedback is welcomed to those with a growth mindset and seen as a useful way to identify areas they can improve.
5. Setbacks- For those with a fixed mindset, set backs are blamed on others and can cause extreme discouragement. Growth minded individuals look at setbacks as an opportunity to change and an experience to learn from.
We hope these insights into the growth mindset vs. the fixed mindset help you to achieve the growth that you deserve. For specific ideas on how we can help you reach your growth goals with our event production in Los Angeles, contact our team today at 661-257-1725.