All you need is one quick Google search to tell you that the discussion of a healthy company culture is a hot topic. If fact, today's generation of top workforce candidates consider company culture before salary.
If you do not have the budget of the big companies, like Google and Facebook, to pour into extravagant employee appreciation events, that's okay! Here are 6 effective, engaging, and fun employee appreciation ideas for small companies.
1. Lunch for the office- Who doesn't love a little mid-day pick-me-up? Surprising your team with lunch is a great way to show your appreciation for their hard work without having to pick up the tab for an extremely expensive dinner. Head on out to a local favorite spot for a pattern interrupt or have it catered in for a casual lunch at the office.
2. Pajama Friday- Take casual Friday's to the next level with Pajama Friday! Not only is it a fun way to break up the sometimes monotonous routine of going to work, but it is a themed day that you can have a lot of fun with. Consider adding to the fun by surprising them with their favorite candy or drink on their desk when they walk in.
3. Bring your dog to work day- What can we say? People love their pets! If you have an office of animal lovers, then consider letting them bring in their pet to work. Not only will this leave you with a very happy team, but it also is an employee appreciation activity that does not cost anything to you.
4. Photo Booth happy hour- When that 3pm slump hits, have something fun for your employees to do and get them re-inspired! One of our favorite ideas is to bring in your favorite photo booth company for a work-friendly happy hour that your team will love.
5. Trivia night- If you have a competitive group of employees, then hosting a trivia night is the way to go. You can have trivia about topics they are interested in, the history of the company, and facts about other employees to have a fun night of competition and learning.
6. Let them go home early on the Friday of a holiday weekend- Let's face it, the Friday before a holiday weekend is one of the most unproductive days of the year. Instead of pushing your team to work until 5:00pm, surprise them by letting them go home early. This is a great way to show your team how much you appreciate their hard work and it will also avoid them being stuck in long hours of traffic on the way home.
All of these acts of employee appreciation will boost morale and communicate that you care about the experience that they have while at your office. For more ideas on boosting your company culture at your annual holiday party, contact us today at 661-257-1725 for your free consultation.